Punch It Out at Practical Scrappers

Wednesday, May 12, 2010

It's Wednesday and I wanted to tell all of you about the fun challenge going on over at Practical Scrappers. This week, our challenge is to use punches in a card, layout, or project!

My project for this challenge was inspired by Sandra Lee over at the Food Network. She always showcases her tablescapes. If you don't know what tablescapes are be sure to check out Sandra's website by clicking here.

Tablescapes are her beautiful table decor and place settings that she showcases often on her cooking show.
I wanted to be Sandra Lee for the day so I made these flat place setting cards to be used as table decor for a dinner party. You lay them flat on the table and put silverware on top. Or you can write or type the name of each guest on them.

To make these I punched the green and white flowers using Fiskars punches. Stickles was used to add bling to the center of the flower. The card was made using cardstock and Bo Bunny patterned papers. I embellished it with the punches, the word "Enjoy" and brown tulle.

Not planning a dinner party? Well...this project can also be used as a gift card holder. Simply use a pop dot to hold the gift card in place.

AND.... I wanted to thank the lovely ladies over at A Crafty Little Place (formerly Die Cuts R Us) for picking my "Mellow Yellow Birdie" card as the Sketch Challenge Winner this week. They have a new challenge posted so be sure to click on over there and check it out!!

Also hop on over to the Practical Scrappers site to check out all the cute projects from our design team. Check back often because new design team projects are added daily!!

I also entered this into the following challenges:

Penny's Paper Crafty Challenge - 1, 2, 3 Recipe
Quixotic Challenge - Let your garden grow
Sisterhood of Crafters - Emerald green

Have a Creative Week!
Angi
Lisa said...

Very cute idea!! I love making my dining table look pretty too. What fun way to combine two hobbies!

Sasya said...

you rock!! :) i love your card!

Barb Craft said...

WOW!!! I love this!! It is so bright and cheery and can be used in so many different ways!! I love, love, love the colors you used on this one!! And congrats on your win!!
Barb :)

It's Jenn! said...

very pretty. I love the color combo. I have that Bo Bunny paper and I am in love with it! Great job!

Unknown said...

This is gorgeous! I have got to check out the tablescapes! I adore the bright colors, the flowrs and the ribbon! You rocked all these challenges! Great job. Thanks for linking it up with us at Penny's and The Sisterhood!
Blessings,
Kim xXx

Sammye Jo said...

This is gorgeous girl!!

Liz Williams said...

Angi, thanks for sharing your cute card with us in the Belli Challenge.

Chrissy D said...

Cute project! Thank you for joining us in the Belli Challenge!

Dani said...

Very nice! Thanks for sharing with us over at the Belli Challenge!

Courtney said...

This is a stunning card. Thanks for joining us at Penny's. Hope to see you back!

~Courtney~
PPCC DT

COPYRIGHT COKIE POP PAPER ・POWERED BY BLOGGER