Enjoy The Puddles!

Sunday, May 9, 2010

Yesterday I was shopping in Hobby Lobby and found this cute figurine to sit on my desk in my craft room. I love the sentiment written on it.

"Every Path Has It's Puddles So I Wear Cute Rain Boots"


I was inspired to make a card that is dedicated to my new figurine.
Here it is! I had to put Hello Kitty on there. She always makes me smile!



Life has it's ups and downs but sometimes we have to handle the "puddles" of difficulties with a little laughter. I will have to save this one and give it to someone who needs a little encouragement.

I finally cut my own chipboard letters for this one with my Cricut. I glittered them up to add some extra shine. Sometimes when you cut chipboard the edges will be a bit rough. To smooth out the edges and give your letters more dimension you should sand the edges. I used a sanding block on mine.

Card Ingredients:
Hello Kitty cut with my Cricut using Hello Kitty Greetings cartridge
Flower in Hello Kitty's hair cut with my Cricut using Forever Young cartridge
The Paper Studio printed paper
Autumn Leaves - rain boot
EK Success flower stickers
Bazzill cardstock
Glitter
Bling jewels
Sanding block

Entered in the following challenges:

Cricut Cardz - #23 Red
Frosted Designs - Sanding Challenge
Pile it On - #18 Cute & Cuddly
Easy Craft Projects - #12 Spring
The Shabby Tea Room - #9 Chipboard Challenge
Crafty Angels - #34 One for the Girls

Enjoy your week!
Angi
Anna said...

Adorable card! Love the rainboots stand! Thanks for joining us on Pile It On!

Debbie said...

This is absolutely a-doreable!!! Love the colors and that sweet image! Thanks for joining us this week at PIO :)

kate blue said...

very cute card-can never go wrong with Hello Kitty!

Audrey Pettit said...

What a fun little card this is. Your Cricut cut lettering looks wonderful and the colors are so bright and festive. Thanks for joining us in the Tea Room this week.

Nicole said...

What a great card! Love the saying, colors, and paper. Great job with the chipboard challenge! Thanks for playing along with us at The Shabby Tea Room! :)

Debbie said...

Once again, thanks for joining in on our chipboard challenge here in the Tea Room and PIO!! I {heart} your sweet chipboard sentiment and that little image is simply precious :) So glad you found us and look forward to seeing many more of your designs in the future :)

Barb Craft said...

Now... I think we all need your little puddle jumper on our desks!! What a great motto to live by... and it inspired a darling card!! I think that is what I need... a few more inspiring things sitting on my desk!! LOL!! Love your card!!
Barb :)

Melissa said...

SO cute! I love the colors and the little figurine made me smile... Thanks for taking the Chipboard Challenge with us at TSTR!

Unknown said...

very cute, thanks so much for playing along with PIO.
Trish

Jan Hennings said...

super cute card!

Arianne said...

Love the papers!
Thanks for joining us at PIO this week!
Hugs, Arianne

Kirsty Vittetoe said...

Adorable Kitty card!

papertrails leaver said...

awww that figurine is cute and so is your card! Hello Kitty was always a favorite of mine!

Scrappy said...

We LOVE HK in our house! Very Cute card! Great Job! Thanks for Piling it On with us this week! We hope you'll join us again next week!

Nana said...

Very colourful, cheering card! Thank you for joining us at "PIO" this week!
hugs Nana

Illy said...

Great card, Hello Kitty is sooo cute!
Thank you for playing with us at Pile it on!

Dalis said...

angie,
this is definitively cute and cuddly!

-- dalis
PIO Owner

COPYRIGHT COKIE POP PAPER ・POWERED BY BLOGGER