Just for Dad!

Monday, June 14, 2010

Please head over to Fantabulous Cricut for Challenge #14 - 
"Celebrate Dear Dad"
You are to create a masculine project for Dad using your Cricut.

I always make sports related gifts, but this year decided to make a Military Keepsake Box using an ordinary paint can. I made the tag with the Bags, Tags, Boxes, and More Cricut cartridge.

K & Company makes great military scrapbook paper. The ribbon was purchased at Hobby Lobby. I also lined the inside with tissue paper. This is a great keepsake tin to hold dog tags, military insignia, and other mementos.


 I also cut the circle for the lid using my Cricut.

I received one of these during Veterans day from teachers at my school and thought it would be fun to make one of my own to give to my Dad and several of my Uncles for Father's Day. 

Can't start my summer crafting fun yet....I'm off to a teacher training for the next 3 days that will last from morning till late in the evening!
Stay tuned later in the week to see my NEW projects!

Entered in the following challenges:
PK Glitz - "Can" challenge
Paper Cutz - #45 Father's Day
ScrapFIT -   Mini Workout #2 (tags) and Workout #21 (machines)

Have a Fantabulous Week!
Angi
Jamie Lane Designs said...

Adorable gift! You should enter this in the P K Glitz Can Challenge! (http://pkglitz.com/blog/2010/06/can-challenge/)

Sheila aka SassyLady said...

What a wonderful gift this will make to some awesom jar-head! (I'm married to one so I say it with pride!) Love all the detail in this gift.

Kate said...

Great can! I've never decorated a can before. I just love yours!! The ribbons on the handle are a fantastic touch.

Unknown said...

This is perfect for a daddy's day gift! Love the blues and browns. And think about all the yummy goodies you could fill it with!
Blessings,
Kim xXx

Laurajean said...

what an aWESome Father's Day gift and LOVE your tag you made to go with it...U rocked these challenges, good luck and thanks for playin' along with us at ScrapFit ;)

Barb Craft said...

LOVE this can!! You could make it in so many different styles for each unique personality of who is receiving it!! And it's so masculine!!
barb :)

Valerie said...

Awesome creation!! I love that paper.

marcibun said...

Fabulous! You did a terrific job on this. It's the perfect "Man Can" ;)

Helen Dooley said...

This is a great project! Too many families can use this idea. Thanks for playing on PCC.

Kat said...

this is such an awesome, awesome project!! i come from a Marine family and I think this is absolutely fabulous!!

Kelly B Rutherford said...

Fabulous bucket!!! What a great idea for father's day!!

JR Creations said...

Super clever! Must get the thinking cap on myself for Sunday. Oh dear! Thanks for playing at My Partner in Crafting Crime.

Jenny T.

Unknown said...

This is a wonderful gift idea! Thanks for entering in the P K Glitz Can Challenge!

COPYRIGHT COKIE POP PAPER ・POWERED BY BLOGGER