Caricature Cuteness!

Tuesday, June 29, 2010


While I'm off this summer I'm trying to work on my layouts. While going through a box of photos I found this cute caricature that an artist drew of Rachel when she was 8 years old. He did such a great job of capturing her big brown eyes.

I decided to make a layout with it. I'm going to go to Michael's today and buy a 12 x 12 frame to put this layout in. I want to display it on a shelf in my living room.

I didn't want to clutter this page up with too much decor.  I picked paper and embellies that had some of my favorite colors like orange, yellow, pink, turquoise, and green. 

I also added wood embellishments to add to the decor of the page. I used the word "Dream" because the T.V. show - "Glee" has Rachel hooked on the Aerosmith song - "Dream On".


I used a lot of American Crafts products including these 
cute crocheted flowers.

 
 Have a Scrappy Week!
Angi

Challenges:
  ♥ American Crafts - Thickers Challenge
Frosted Designs  - Color Challenge
Shabby Tea Room - Popsicles & Pinwheels inspiration challenge
Yellow Umbrella Designs - Anything Goes
Noel Mignon - White Space Challenge

 Layout Supplies:
♥ Patterned Paper: American Crafts - Dear Lizzy "Friendly Fern"
♥ Flower Embellishments - American Crafts - Dear Lizzy "Spring House" crocheted flowers
♥ Chipboard Embellishments - American Crafts DEAR LIZZY "Bliss" Chipboard Thickers
♥ Brackets surrounding the word "Dream" - American Crafts - Sunflower Vinyl Vera Thickers
♥ Ribbon - American Crafts - White with Birds
♥ Circle Die Cut Cardstock: Little Yellow Bicycle
♥ Wood Die Cuts - K & Company 
D said...

What a great idea to scrap it! Your page is gorgeous.

Nicole said...

This is too cute!

Audrey Pettit said...

Super cute idea to showcase this fun caricature! Love that! And I love the circle element and those adorable crocheted flowers. Thanks so much for sharing this with us in the Tea Room.

Debbie said...

Absolutely sweet ... the LO and the precious little girlie!!! Thanks for sharing with us this week in the Tea Room :)

all the days of our life said...

Very cute. What a cleaver idea to use the caricature on a LO. Thanks for playing with us a FD.

Nicole said...

Great page! Love the simple layout! Thanks for playing with us at TSTR! :)

Sheila aka SassyLady said...

Your page is adorable and your eyes are gorgeous! So if you daughters eyes are like that she must be a real beauty! Love the flowers and the colors you chose.

Barb Craft said...

What a clever idea!! You did a fabulous job of turning this into a bright and cheery accent for any wall!! And the flowers totally rock!! So fun!!
barb :)

GrannyCharlotte said...

Awesome layout. Thanks for sharing your talent.

Unknown said...

Yummy page! I love that you scraped this little caricature! YOur colors are spot on for the FD challenge this week! YOur crochet flowers are fantastic!
Blessings,
Kim xXx

Debbie said...

So clever and cute! I have one somewhere of my son! Thanks for playing along with us at Frosted Designs!

Kate said...

What a fabulous idea to scrap the caricature!! I love the way you've added to the page, but let the caricature stand out and be noticed. Those little crocheted flowers are gorgeous!

Lisa said...

What a cool idea to use your daughter's caricature in a layout, it's a realy beauty! Thanks for sharing with us in the Tea Room this week!

Myia Shantrice said...

I want those of my girls so so bad! Love the layout!

@JoyceCasaldi said...

This is just adorable!

Valerie said...

What a creative idea to scrapbook this!!! Darling :)

Lisa said...

I love it. I have a caricature of my son but I have it framed. Mmmmmmmmmm, now that's an idea, even if I made a copy. TFS

shortywithastory said...

What a great way of using a charicature - fabby work, girl!

Shaela said...

what a great idea! I have a few caricatures lying around that I don't know what to do with - I might have to "copy" you!! Thanks for playing along with my challenge last week! :)

COPYRIGHT COKIE POP PAPER ・POWERED BY BLOGGER