Sing Happy!

Thursday, June 2, 2011


Just one more day of school until FREEDOM.....LOL  I have been entering grades, packing up my classroom, and filling out tons of paperwork. I have not had time to create in 7 whole days. Sooooo not me! I took some time last night to make a fun page.

Rachel has had great success with dance & drama classes. It has helped her social skills issues a whole lot. This is a page of her getting ready to perform with some fellow friends.

I love the fun FABRIC lettering. I purchased it at Archiver's. I lost the package, but if I find it I will let ya know who makes it. (must get more) :) 


This circle frame is from Little Yellow Bicycle. It adds a splash of lilac against the yellow LYB patterned paper.


Since I love to recycle on my projects I'm playing over at Scrap Fit for their "Around the House" challenge. See what's behind the "happy" lettering? It's actually a paper plate. I used my friend's corrugated paper crimper on it. (must buy one of these...so fun to use).

Also, my title and theme fit into the fun going on at Scrapping the Music. The inspiration song is "Write a Song" by the Dave Matthews Band.

See ya back on Saturday for a new EIC challenge.
Jean said...

Great layout!! Love the bright yellows. Hope you have a great summer.

Debbie said...

What a wonderful layout!!! Love your color choices, especially the pops of purple.

Lili said...

Angi, what an adorable and vibrant LO! School is over today in Katy and my son is extremely excited!
Whenever you come to Archivers let me know maybe we could meet (I live 5 minutes away from it, yay!!)

D said...

What a wonderful Page, Angi! Those letters rock! Sounds like you are one happy momma! No getting up early for you :))))

Audrey Frelx said...

Hello, my beautiful friend!!! I have to say that your layout made me happy just looking at it!!! It's so bright and lively, it sings!!! It really does!!!

Virginia L. said...

This is such a yummy layout, Angi!! Love the fabric lettering!! Congrats on your guest design!! Can't wait to see what you make :)

tiffany said...

wow, a paper plate? i never would have guessed!! gorgeous layout!! =)Tiffany
Breakfast at Tiffany's

Valerie said...

Your layout is fantastic! So cheery and pretty. Congrats on almost being done with the school year:)

Sheila aka SassyLady said...

What a cheerful layout.... I want to sing now! Beautiful color choices and I jusl love the fabric lettering. TFS

farmhouse-story said...

love your happy page, angi! you are so clever to use a paper plate like that:) congrats on the future guest spot!

Tenia Nelson said...

Love this awesome page!!!!!!

Beth aka BR-T said...

What an absolutely fabulous layout WoW!

Beatriz Farquhar-Guzman said...

This is soooo beautiful! Love your colors, the paper is fabulous and the letter too. Love, love your frame and tags. Love it!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

~amy~ said...

Such a fun layout....congrats on the GDT!!!

yyam said...

This is just awesome Angi! Love the happy colors!! Love how you utilized the paper plate!!! :)And the fabric letters!!!

Kirsty Vittetoe said...

Beautiful layout with amazing details!

Julie Tucker-Wolek said...

Loveeeeeeeeee this Angi! I love love love all the YELLOW!!! Thanks sooooooooooo much for playing along with Scrapping the Music! :):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):)

Mona Pendleton said...

So pretty Angi! Love the bright colors and fabric letters! Darling photos of course :)

Kelly Roberts said...

awesome work. what interesting colors! i like it.

Amy said...

Beautiful Angi! Love the yellow with the lavendar!

Tracey said...

Beautiful layout....love the bright colours and I love your recycling item. I have a corrugated paper crimper , I must pull it out!

Audrey Pettit said...

Ok, I am in LOVE with this page, Angi! That's it........in LOVE!
The lavender and yellow are so perfect!! Beyond perfect! And those fabric letters.....sigh.. Gorgeous die cut paper. LOVE the photo.
Just cannot say enough about this. :)

Kerry said...

What a fun layout! I love the happy yellow color and those great fabric letters too! And the touches of lilac are the perfect accent!

abusybee - DoubleClick Connections said...

Great lay-out! Love the colors!

Linda said...

This is wonderful. I love the letters!

Heather Jacob said...

this is so full of yummy-ness and bright happy colours .... love it to bits .... hugz x

Aussie TM5 Thermomixer said...

LOVING the yellow here! So beautiful Angi!

Emily (stampingout on SCS) said...

What a fabulous page, Angi! Your daughter is a cutie patootie! I remember the days of dancing recitals and competitions...so much fun! :)

Sara Zenger said...

I LOVE THIS!! Great use of the plate! Thanks for joining us at ScrapFIT!

Kate said...

What a wonderful page! I love the yellow and lilac combination. Amazing letters, too!! That photo is fantastic and I'm thrilled to read that Rachel has really benefited from her drama and dance classes.

Missy Whidden said...

What a beautiful layout!! I would never have known that was a paper plate...so clever!! Thanks for joining us at ScrapFIT this week!

Unknown said...

love the bright and beautiful layout...thanks for playing at ScrapFIT

COPYRIGHT COKIE POP PAPER ・POWERED BY BLOGGER