Sassy Paper Bag Album Tutorial!

Wednesday, August 4, 2010


I am the Guest Designer today over on the  She's a Sassy Lady blog. My August tutorial project today is a "Sassy Paper Bag Album"! I love to make altered projects so this one was fun for me.

Materials You will need:
  • 3 Paper bags
  • Hole Puncher
  • Ribbon, eyelets, book rings, or fibers
  • Your favorite pattern paper
  • A bunch of your favorite embellishments
First lay your paper bags on top of each other. Make sure that the middle bag is going the opposite way of the first and the last bag. Adhere your bags together. You can adhere them using stitching, brads, staples or eyelets. I love to stitch/sew them together for better durability.
Here's a close-up picture of the stitching and the holes that I punched. I punch from the outside going in so that I can gauge a good distance between each hole to keep it even.
I also love the ready made built-in pockets that are formed when you put your paper bag album together. These pockets are great for storing mementos, cute tags, journal blocks, or any other keepsake.
Here's the paper bag album after it's put together and ready to decorate. Now it's time to make your pages. 
With your paper trimmer cut enough patterned paper to cover each page. I cut each paper piece at 5" x 5.5".
Adhere each of your papers to the front cover and each page of your album.  Also make sure to cut and adhere some photo mats or pockets to store journal tags. You can also ink the sides to make the mats stand out.
 This is how one of my pages looks with journaling tags. 
I made the pocket to hold the journal tags with patterned paper. 
Now it's time to embellish. I used various embellies from Me & My Big Ideas.
 I add my ribbon last after I make sure all of my patterned paper and embellishments are sturdy and secure. Add different color and textured ribbon to make it more colorful.
Decorate your pages any way you want. It's best to use coordinating papers that match well together. I used paper from a ColorBok kit so that all the papers would go well together.
Here are 2 of my pages in a side by side view.

 I will show more pages of this album soon once I get the video tutorial finished. If I post everything then this tutorial will be 2 or 3 web pages long. (smile)

I hope you enjoyed my tutorial today. Please be sure to check out the She's a Sassy Lady blog today for more wonderful tutorials. You can visit by clicking HERE
Jamie Lane Designs said...

Super cute project!

Linda said...

This is wonderful. Your are a busy lady! I am looking forward to watching the video.

Nicole said...

Oh, this is cute! I may have to try one of these.

Georgiana said...

Wow! I love it! I think I need to try and make one. The paper bag is a great idea. Thanks.

Georgiana

Sheila aka SassyLady said...

Angi, I love this project it is adorable! The colors are awesome and your instructions are easy to follow! TFS.

Jean said...

This is so cute and I love the little owl on the front!

Allison said...

Adorable! I would have never thought to use lunch bags to make a mini album -- I love it!

Valerie said...

I love paper bag albums!! Great tutorial:)

Cheryl Boglioli said...

I love these papers and embellies as well as mini books. Adorable project.

knitmachinequeen (KMQ) said...

I love it! Gotta get some paper bags!

Debbie said...

Angi- Saw this over on Sheila's blog. That little owl is co cute! Love the fun bright colors. Makes me want to make an album!!

Audrey Frelx said...

What a well-organized tutorial and a beautiful mini! I hope I do as well tomorrow!

You always do a great job and tfs!

DtsArt said...

oh WoW what a great tutorial!

PaperVine said...

Hi Angie - thanks for commenting on my blog. I have just spent ages looking at all your AMAZING work. I love your style and can;t wait to see more of your stuff - especially at Paper Issues! Lowri :-)
http://papervinenz.blogspot.com

COPYRIGHT COKIE POP PAPER ・POWERED BY BLOGGER