Mr. Monster Talks!

Friday, August 6, 2010

Happy Weekend! I need to enjoy myself for the next couple of days since I have to be back at school on Monday. So much to do! I still don't know how I want to decorate my classroom this year...sigh....but back to some creative fun!

Here's a fun card that I just finished with a cute little monster embellishment. I wanted to keep the design clean so that he stands out more. I designed this card after I "Cased" out another designer. I "cased" Agata over at the Cas-tastic Challenge blog. To see her cute monster card please click HERE.
 I had fun by putting on the words "Are you talking to me?". I'm a junior high school teacher and teens really love to say this to each other or to a teacher when they get caught doing something wrong. Gotta love those teens! I think this card would be great to give to a teenage boy!

The little monster is made by a company called Paper Crate. I love his orange and kind of rustic color.

Entered in the following Challenges
Cas-tastic Challenge - Case-ing the Design Team
My Partner in Crafting Crime - #8 Teen or Tweens

Card Recipe
Cardstock - Stampin Up
Glitter Die-cuts - Crate Paper
Patterned Paper - American Crafts - Blue Skies

Enjoy your weekend!
Angi
DtsArt said...

such a cute card!

Robin said...

Great sentiment and cool card! Thanks so much for joining us at My Partner in Crafting Crime, Robin

D said...

What a gorgeous card!!! Love the cute saying on it! I hope you'll post your classroom when you are done with it. Knowing you, it will look awesome :)

Jean said...

Very cute card, love the saying.

Sheila aka SassyLady said...

Love your little monster card with the cute saying on it! Have fun at school....

Deb Neerman said...

Omigosh, this is so adorable ... love it! Great take on the challenge and a fabulous CASE of Agata's card!

Jamie Lane Designs said...

This is SOOO cute! I love your monster!

Linda said...

This is so cute! I love your little monster! This is my first August in 30 years that I am not getting ready for school. What do you teach? I taught 1st grade for 22 of those years. I would be setting up my home visits right now. Now there is only one teacher left in the district that makes home visits. I know I am going to miss my job but the drive and the politics just is too much.

Mags said...

oooh the monster is super cute! This would make a great birthday invitation too

JR Creations said...

Great card, love the bright colours. Thanks for playing at My Partner in Crafting Crime.

Jenny T.

COPYRIGHT COKIE POP PAPER ・POWERED BY BLOGGER