Crowns and Butterflies!

Tuesday, August 10, 2010

I'm back...and this time with 2 card projects. I'm in such a scrappy mood lately that I've been creating all kinds of new projects. Please keep reading to see my other card creation.

My first card pictured above is for the Etsy Inspired Challenge. This week they are featuring the Cathy Walters Etsy shop. I was inspired by this "Faith" double-sided pendant. It is so elegant with the crown on one side and this pretty graphic paper on the back. 

I used paper and embellishments from 7 Gypsies then added a splash of red ribbon. Here's a close-up shot of the card. I think this paper goes really well with the inspirational design of the pendent.

Here is my 2nd card. I made this one for the Wee Memories Butterfly challenge. And since I have been wanting to enter contests over at the Just Us Girls challenge I also submitted this card for their sketch challenge going on this week. 

I used pretty Bo Bunny paper, Basic Grey embellishments, and a sentiment from my stash.


Here's a close-up picture of my butterfly card. I love big flowers and thought it would be fun to add the butterfly on top of it. I also added smaller butterflies around the sentiment.

Entered in the following challenges:
Etsy Inspired Challenge - EIC #100 Cathy Walters Challenge
Wee Memories - #17 Butterfly Challenge
Just Us Girls Challenge - Sketch #45

Have a Creative Week!
Angi 
Jean said...

Love both of the cards.

3treescreations@gmail.com said...

Eekkk! These are both fabulous!! Love them!

Deanne :)

DtsArt said...

what great cards. The butterfly on the flower is a GREAT dimensional look

Char Dobson said...

Love the crown cards. The colors and textures are perfect!

Sasya said...

so beautiful creations!! i think the crown card is just gorgeous!!

Sheila aka SassyLady said...

These cards are beautiful and so different. TFS.

Katie said...

Love both these cards. Each so different, but fabulous!

Kathryn B said...

What a beautiful card Angi! Love your take on the sketch this is such a fun summery card!

Thanks for playing along with Just us Girls this week!

Ann said...

Wowza, I love how you layered your butterfly on the flower! Thanks for playing with us Wee Memories girls!

de said...

Love your cards! The EIC card is amazing! So perfect for our shop this week!

Thanks for helping EtsyInspired celebrate our 100th challenge!

Linda said...

Hey Angie I love your cards. That butterfly is awesome!

Anonymous said...

Angie both of your cards are so gorgeous! Love that beautiful pink butterfly! Thanks for joining us at Wee Memories :)

AKiteFlier said...

Lovely cards - love that bfly on the flower. Thanks for gettin' sketchy with JUGS this week - we appreciate you!

Michele Gross said...

2 great cards! I love the way it looks like your butterfly has landed on that big pretty flower :) Glad you joined us at Wee Memories!

Barb Craft said...

Look at you go!! Dont' you just love it when the scrappy mood hits?!! I love both of these cards! The crown on the top one is amazing!! And I am seriously loving the giant flower and butterfly on the second one!! Keep them coming!! i need some new card ideas!!
Barb :)

Monique said...

Both cards are great...Love that sentiment "Live good Be Happy" TFS!

Jennifer Schmidt said...

Fabulous cards, Angi! I love all of the layers in the first card and the second one is just adorable!!

Virginia L. said...

Fantastic take on the inspiration pieces! Love your appple card with so many details! Thanks for playing with us at Etsy Inspired #100 Challenge!

Vera Yates (Ling) said...

Both of your crads are fabulous! Thanks for playing with us at Wee Memories! :)

Unknown said...

Alright Angi, I want you to share what is in your creative coffee......OMG, I LOVE this first card! First, those colors just pop right off the card!!!! and the bird, how fabulous! The ribbon....omg, YUM!!!!!

Love the sweet colors in the second and your big bloom with the butterfly is so delightful!
Blessings,
Kim xXx

D said...

Your cards are so lovely and completely different! You are so good at doing different styles!!! I love the bird you covered in paper on the first one, and of course, the gorgeous butterfly on the 2nd :)

janis said...

love your cards!!!! love your choices of pps!!!!! keep em coming!!!

SmilynStef said...

What an awesome crown ... fabulous inspired design.

Ashley Newell said...

What a pretty card for the EIC challenge! I love the bird and all the pretty layers! Thanks for taking the time to play along with the EtsyInspired challenge this week, it means a lot to me!

Aussie TM5 Thermomixer said...

Your cards are fabulous! Love the chicky in the previous post too - so cute!!

Amy said...

Lots of amazing eye candy here to take in today!! Wow, Love all your projects!

Unknown said...

These two cards show how talented you are! They are both so very different in style but both are also oh so fabulous! I am totally loving how you coordinated the paper with the beutiful little crown charm and what a great idea to add that bold butterfly to the flower too! Fantastic projects! Thanks for sharing with us!

Court said...

I love the butterfly coming out of the gerbera daisy! Too cute! Thanks so much for playing at Wee Memories!

Valerie said...

OOh, wonderful cards- the crown one may be my favorite!

Debbie said...

Alright girl, I first want to say that I LOVE your first card! Looks so vintage! Gorgeous!!!
Your second won is so adorable! Love how you placed the butterfly on the flower!

Andrea M said...

This is so lovely!!! What a pretty card - love the big gorgeous blossom. Wonderful take on the sketch. Thanks for playing along with Just Us Girls!

Photography said...

I love the butterfly one! It is just gorgeous :-) Thanks for commenting on my giveaway and posting it on your blog - don't forget to become a follower to be in the draw! :-) Just joined your great blog - such inspiration! :-)

COPYRIGHT COKIE POP PAPER ・POWERED BY BLOGGER