A Smiling Chickie & Mini Tutorial

Monday, August 9, 2010

I'm back with another Fantabulous Cricut Challenge post. This week happens to be "National Smile Week" and at Fantabulous Cricut we hope to bring you lots of "smiles" and encourage you to participate in the challenge.

Challenge #22
National “Smile” week:
Create a project and include the word “Smile”

I made a "Smilin' Chickie" gift bag. I'm making several to give to my students this year when they do well on a test or essay paper that they turn in to me. 

Here's a mini-tutorial on how I made this. First use your Cricut to make a little treat box. If you are pressed for time like I was then buy some from Walmart for $1.00. (smile)

With your hole punch - punch a hole on each side. 

Then tie your favorite ribbon to each side. I used my favorite from American Crafts.

Cut the little chickie using the Once Upon a Princess Cricut cartridge. Glue the pieces together then to your treat box. I let the orange show as a border around little duckie to make him stand out more on the yellow treat box.

Also add on a cute googly eye to your duckie.

Add some pop dots to the back of little duckie

Cut the word "Smile" using the Disney Mickey Font Cricut cartridge. I love the chunky look of these letters. Then glue them to the side or back of your treat box.

Your treat box is done. Fill it with tissue paper or goodies and you are ready to bring a SMILE to someone's face.

I hope you all enjoyed my mini-tutorial. Be sure to head over to Fantabulous Cricut to upload your "Smile" themed project! And remember to check out this month's giveaway here on my blog. For details click HERE.


Have a Crafty Week!
Angi
Jamie Lane Designs said...

Love that little duckie!

DtsArt said...

oh this is super cute!

Linda said...

What a great idea. It would bring a smile to everyone. I love your idea.

Sheila aka SassyLady said...

What a cute little duckie! Love it and it is so cute I would never put popcorn in it I would have to fill it with something permanent! LOL.

Rhonda Emery said...

so cute. smiles!

Sasya said...

this is so cute!! thanks for the tutorial~!!

Kate said...

This is so sweet! I love the yellow on yellow combination with just a touch of orange. It works just wonderfully with this project. Great job!

Unknown said...

Thanks for sharing the little tute on this fantabulous smile box...it made me smile, for sure!
Blessings,
Kim xXx

The Scrapbooking Queen said...

This is an adorable project you can do almost anything with just love it...
The Scrapbooking Queen

http://www.thescrapbookingqueen.com/

Barb Craft said...

Okay...this is one adorable chicky!! I love that eye!! Thanks for sharing the directions for this one!!
Barb :)

abusybee - DoubleClick Connections said...

So adorable! Love the chickie!

Valerie said...

Total cuteness, and great tutorial!!

COPYRIGHT COKIE POP PAPER ・POWERED BY BLOGGER