Creating with Wood - Day 1

Monday, February 6, 2012


I've got a little fun for you guys this week!

I'm kicking today off with 4 fun-filled days of projects that are created with wood elements. I hope you enjoy day number one!

I created this project for Lessology Challenge #11 - Flights of Fancy. The challenge starts today and requires you to make a project that incorporates flight! Jenny Johns is offering a fabulous prize pack of Ippity stamps. How cool is that? Click {here} for all the details!!!

I got the little wooden birdie from Michael's. I thought about painting it white, but changed my mind because I like the natural wood color. I used a glue dot to add a piece of recycled canvas and a mulberry paper flower to my little birdie to dress it up a bit.


I also made a coordinating mini card with
more of the recycled canvas!


Be sure to join me again tomorrow for Day 2 of - "Creating with Wood". And don't forget to hop on over to LESSology to check out the DT sneaks and to join in on all the fun!
~amy~ said...

swoon...I love it Angi!!

Julie Tucker-Wolek said...

Love love love love this Angi! LOVING that little birdie, the canvas pieces and the flowers! BEAUTIFUL! :):):):):):):):):):):)

Laurel said...

Wonderful project!

Jingle said...

I absolutely LOVE this set! That bird is just wonderful!

Annette Allen said...

this is just so sweet...love it

farmhouse-story said...

so perfect for the challenge, angi--and adorable, too!

Linda said...

VERY Sweet. I love the natural birds. Really looks wonderful.

Linda Kaiser said...

I love your set. I can't wait to see more wood projects.

Great idea for a series!

Linda

Nicole said...

So cute Angi!!

TesaB said...

WOW! AWESOME!!!

Norma said...

WOW! love use of the canvas Angie! Lovely projects!
Hugs,
Norma

Jan Hennings said...

What a cute bird and love the flowers!

Unknown said...

Very cool! I love the natural feel this set has. It could easily fit the style of many homes as a decor piece because it's got such simplicity and earthy colors :)

Valerie said...

Ooh, I really like that bird in the natural wood color also, those flowers are gorgeous!!

Virginia L. said...

LOVE your wood project, Angi! Totally cute and creative! The recycling of the canvas is a GREAT idea!

Mona Pendleton said...

Adorable Angi! I like the "naked" bird :) Looks perfect el naturale!

Debbie said...

Just love the bird! Perfect touch with the flower!

Judy said...

This wood bird project is awesome and I love that matching card!!!

Sherrie K. said...

Love this bird Angi and the matching card is perfect:) Very nice!
Sherrie K
http://sherriescraps.blogspot.com

yyam said...

Such a sweet project Angi! Just love the wooden bird! :)

Heather Jacob said...

wow I am speechless .. this is magical .. love it ... hugz x

Dora said...

This is so pure i love this!

Audrey Pettit said...

I just love projects like this! Your bird is just as cute as can be, Angi! I can really see him adding a festive touch to your home all spring. :)

Savannah O'Gwynn said...

AMAZING! I love that flower---beautiful card too! You made me DROOOOOL!

Lori Comeau said...

That bird is the just the cutest. Great touch by adding the flower.
http://lorisartsyobsession.blogspot.com/

Kirsty Vittetoe said...

I am LOVING this!!!!

Emily (stampingout on SCS) said...

This is fun and fabulous, Angi! LOVE! :)

COPYRIGHT COKIE POP PAPER ・POWERED BY BLOGGER