High Top Sneaker Party with Xyron & My Favorite Things

Thursday, July 23, 2015

If you follow me on my Instagram account then you know that I LOVE Converse sneakers. I'm collecting them in every color too!

When I saw the Die-namics LLD All-Star High Top die from My Favorite Things I jumped for joy! It was the perfect thing that I needed for a fresh party favor idea. And of course I paired it with the new Xyron Creative Station to make a new project.

I'm so excited that MFT and Xyron have teamed up for a product share this week.



Here are two fun party favors that are sure to be a hit at your next celebration.

First up is a High Top Sneaker Party Favor Bag !



You can fill these SRM glassine bags with candy, popcorn, or any other kind of sweet treat for your party guests.

Next up is a Sneaker Popcorn Favor Bucket !


Wouldn't these be fun to use as party table decor? I'm sure your guests would love to take one home too!

Here's how I made them... 

First, I used a die to make the circle shape. I then used the MFT "Be Original" stamp set to add a fun greeting.


Pick out your favorite card stock colors and use the high top sneaker die set to cut out each piece. 



Then run the large piece through the new Xyron Creative Station. It provides just the right amount of adhesive for your craft projects.




I love that there is a cutter already built into the Creative Station. Just slide the blade across to easily cut off the piece that you need.



Peel off the film on the top. The back of my sneaker is filled with adhesive and ready to adhere to my circle shape.



Run the smaller pieces through the Xyron 3" Sticker Maker and add them to the larger shape to build the sneaker.






I found it easier to add the smaller lace tops once it was already on the circle. Then I held up the top of the sneaker to string twine through the shoe lace openings. 

I added a lollipop stick to the finished project. Now it's time to fill your pail with shredded paper and popcorn. The lollipop stick held up on its own without me having to add any additional adhesive. You can find the sticks at Michael's Craft Store.



Now it's time to party! I must make this the theme of my next birthday party!

Be sure to visit Xyron and My Favorite Things for more wonderful products.

My Favorite Things - http://mftstamps.com/

And here is a shot of me in my new pair of Converse sneakers!

Julie Tucker-Wolek said...

Ohhhhhhhhhh this is soooooooo FUN! I love love love that chuck!!!!!!!! FABULOUS!!!!!!!

Shelly said...

Awesome!

Krafthead said...

Chucks are a timeless shoe which will never go out of style!! Great project :)

Nikki said...

I LOVE this SO much!! Thanks for sharing.

Kim Heggins said...

Just so fun...what a fabulous treat holder. Love that sweet sneaker.

Unknown said...

Love your color choice for the shoe! So fun!

abusybee - DoubleClick Connections said...

So super fun! I just bought a pink pair! Carri~Abusybee
Skittles!

jordanbev5@yahoo.com said...

You are inspiring with this fabulous converse sneaker!!

COPYRIGHT COKIE POP PAPER ・POWERED BY BLOGGER