Quick and Easy Handmade Cards

Wednesday, May 13, 2015

I often tell people that they can save a good chunk of change if they just take the time to do one thing - "Make your own greeting cards!"

Handmade is the "in thing"! It's quicker to reach out to others with the usual social media connections, but it's always nice to do something personal for a change! So skip the Hallmark store and make something special for the people in your life.

Here are two examples... 


I used dies, a butterfly punch, and a stamp on this card. Layer different shapes to add a unique element to your card design. 

The patterned paper that I used played up the gray and white very well. I was careful to place my circle die just so before cutting the paper. I wanted the pop of yellow to to be in the center of my circle.



Check out the side view above. I used pop dots to add dimension as well.

My next card is filled with fun elements like sequins and twine. Again, I used dies to add in different shapes.






My secret weapon to card making is a 6" x 6" paper pad. I won this Amy Tangerine pad from Paper Issues

The great thing about using a paper pad is color coordination. You don't have to second guess if a color or pattern will look good together. Everything in the collection fits so well if it's from the same manufacturer. 


Since I shopped at Paper Issues I wanted to link up there as well!
I hope you enjoyed my quick and easy card making tips today. These cards literally took me 15 minutes to make. Yay!

Supplies:
Paper: Amy Tangerine - Plus One
Dies: Lifestyle Crafts/We R Memory Keepers
Stamp: Chickaniddy Crafts
Sequins: Hobby Lobby
Julie Tucker-Wolek said...

These are gorgeous! LOVING the colors and the butterflies!!!

Marlou McAlees said...

WOW!!! these cards are stunning Angi ♥

~amy~ said...

LOVE these TONS!!!!!

Shelly said...

Super sweet cards, Angi!

Jingle said...

These are fabulous! Love them!

Ava said...

Love these cards and love the colors on both. It's a very fresh and fun look.

Kathy Martin said...

Lovely clean and simple designs! :)

abusybee - DoubleClick Connections said...

Love these papers! Great projects! Carri~Abusybee
Skittles!

COPYRIGHT COKIE POP PAPER ・POWERED BY BLOGGER