Vinyl & Canvas Tutorial for Papercraft Star!

Friday, March 18, 2011

Hello fellow crafters. I LOVE to make altered projects. I have a tutorial for you today that can add fun to any room in your home. It's great for gift giving too. And....it only takes 10 minutes to make. How cool is that?


Did you know that Vinyl and Canvas are so fun to play with? Let me show you how...


Here are the materials you will need:

1. Vinyl - I got mine at Michael's Craft Store. Vinyl is also available at Hobby Lobby, Target, Walmart, and your local scrapbook store.


2. Canvas - I also purchased it at Michael's Craft Store. I used a 9" x 12" stretched canvas.

3. Ribbon - I used some with a fun design on it. It's from American Crafts.


I used some fun vinyl from Hip In a Hurry. Love their stuff.


Directions:

1. Carefully remove the clear backing from your vinyl.

2. Apply it where you'd like on your canvas.

3. Rub the vinyl onto the canvas with a popsicle stick or old credit card to release the air bubbles.

4. Add some fun ribbon or other embellishments.

5. Hang on your favorite wall or give as a gift.

It's a fun easy peasy project that you can even get your kiddos involved in.

Here's how my creation turned out:

Hope you all enjoyed this Easy Peasy Tutorial.
If you create something with vinyl or canvas please let me know.
I'd love to visit your blog and check out your creation.
Kristina said...

That is really cute Angi! Great for a kids room!! Thanks for the tutorial, it really has lots of possibilities!

Julie Tucker-Wolek said...

What a GREAT IDEA!! I love love love love love it!!!! Soooooooo awesome! :):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):)

Jackie said...

Angi it's so cute, fabulous idea :)

Audrey Frelx said...

Oh, Angi, how wonderful!!! And what a sweetheart you are for sharing! Thank you!

Virginia L. said...

You are truly talented, Angi! Thanks for the FAB tutorial!

Savannah O'Gwynn said...

SOOOOO cute! I have some vinyl--must get it out and try something like this:) LOVE!

Kate said...

That's such a great idea! I would never have thought to use vinyl on canvas. Your project is super, too!

Valerie said...

Awesome project!!

Audrey Pettit said...

Cute, cute, cute! Love those vinyl decals. What a fun framed project this is. :)

farmhouse-story said...

what a darling project! thanks for the tut!

COPYRIGHT COKIE POP PAPER ・POWERED BY BLOGGER