Academy Awards Oscar Night Craft Party

Sunday, February 22, 2015

My family and I are big fans of the movies! We are even having our own Oscars viewing party. I had to make something fun today to get us into the spirit of the Academy Awards.

Here's what I came up with...





I think little Oscar would be so proud of my creation too. This one was easy to make. You can even get the kiddos involved.




You only need a few supplies:

1. Scrapbook paper
2. dies or any kind of container
3. A "star" embellishment
4. Coffee filters
5. Buttered popcorn


Here's a close up of the basket. I made it using these berry basket dies and my manual cutting machine.

Be sure to add a coffee filter so that the buttered popcorn won't drip on your pretty creation.




I used more dies to create the circle and star. You gotta have a star for Academy Awards night!



Again, this project only took minutes to make. Your family and friends will love it!




Who are you hoping will win tonight? I've got so many favorites. I still need to see "Birdman" and "Still Alice". I hear that Micheal Keaton and Julianne Moore are great in their roles.




Annette Allen said...

this is too fun.. yay for oscar party..

Julie Tucker-Wolek said...

This is sooooo fun! I love love love it!! I was SAD SAD SAD that Bradley Cooper didn't win (again!) :(

Life and Knits said...

So super cute!!! How fun!!!

Susie

Shelly said...

Sooo CUTE!

Connie Mercer said...

darling idea!!!! Now I want popcorn :)

COPYRIGHT COKIE POP PAPER ・POWERED BY BLOGGER