Birdies and Boxes

Wednesday, January 30, 2013


Birdies and Boxes! I just love the title of my post today for so many reasons. If you've visited my blog long enough then you know how much I love dressing up a box for gift giving. I even made a coordinating tag too!!!

And check out my inspiration...

 
I'm playing along in the current Moxie Fab World's Tuesday Trigger Challenge. It's all about birthdays this go round. I think my altered gift box and tag are a perfect fit for the occasion. 


I was inspired by the springtime colors and the adorable birdie in the inspiration photo. I even added a Martha Stewart Craft's birdie embellie to the front of my tag. I also threw in some natural elements such as canvas and corrugated cardboard.

 
And since we are on the subject of birthdays........I want to wish my youngest daughter Rachel a Happy #17. I can't believe that she will be graduating from high school next year....sigh....
 
I'm so proud of her for making the Honor Roll this year. More importantly, I'm so proud of the "Student's Achieving Excellence" awards that she has received recently. Several of her teachers noted that she is always respectful, courteous, and always helpful to her peers. I am one PROUD MAMA!!!!! 
 
Happy Birthday Rae!!!
 
 
 
Box and Tag Supplies:
Kraft Box and string: Michael's Craft Store
Tag: Canvas Corp.
Stretched Canvas: Hobby Lobby
Bird Embellishment, white doily, & button: Martha Stewart Crafts
Flower Embellishment: K & Company
Kraft doily die-cut and currogated cardboard: from stash

~amy~ said...

Such fun projects...love the kraft/pink combo!

Super proud Momma moment...congrats!!!!!

Julie Tucker-Wolek said...

Happy Birthday to Rae!! I loveeeeeeeeeee your projects today Angi!! LOVING that layered flower and loveeeeeeeee the little birdie!!!!

Life and Knits said...

Lovely box and tag Angi!

Happy Birthday and congrats to your daughter!! You should be proud!

Susie

Janice said...

Love the altered box and the tag. Happy Birthday and congrats to you wonderful daughter!

Emily (stampingout on SCS) said...

I love the kraft and pink together, Angi! Your daughter is a beauty! Happy, happy birthday to her. :)

Audrey Pettit said...

Happy, happy birthday to your beautiful daughter, and congrats to her for all her recent achievements! Your gift box and tag are adorable! Such a cute bird and flower, and I love the visual texture the canvas and cardboard add!

Annette Allen said...

wow these are so fun... I adore that little bird...so cute..

Jingle said...

These are so pretty!

Miriam Prantner said...

Happy Birthday Rae! Hope you guys get to do something fun today! Loving the projects too, great layering and textures!

3treescreations@gmail.com said...

Adorable! Congrats to mom and Rae!

Deanne :)

Mona Pendleton said...

Happy Birthday to your sweet daughter Angi! Love your little creations! That bird is so sweet and the shimmery goodness looks scrumptious ;0

Tamika said...

Absolutely love your projects, I am just starting to make tags so I appreciate the inspiration. And a big Happy Birthday to your daughter, mine turns 17 in Nov., where does the time go?

Linda Kaiser said...

Love your projects! Your daughter is so sweet...just like you!!

Linda

farmhouse-story said...

the world needs more like her...and you, angi:)

darling box and tag--love the little bird!

Dawnll said...

Happy Birthday to your beautiful daughter and such a great one...you certainly have reason to be proud sweetie.
Love,Love the Pink project, my favorite color.

TesaB said...

This is soooo sweet! Wonderful project!!! Happy, happy birthday and congrats to your girl!!!

bonnie said...

Super cute project sweetie...lovin' the pink and kraft...gorgeous! Congrats to your sweet girl...you must be sooo proud! Happy Birthday Rae!!! ;) Hugs x

Michelle said...

Love that adorable bird! Your card and tag are wonderful! Congrats to your daughter...and to you too, for raising such a lovely young lady!

Kelly Roberts said...

happy bday to your baby girl! i know you must be so proud! also, the tag and deco for the box are so pretty. you do such interesting things and i am glad to visit to see it all. take care!

Jinny Newlin said...

Aw, happy birthday, Rae! I can't believe she's only 17, Angi. She could pass for your sister! And your projects are perfectly precious. LOVE that pink and craft combo!

My Paper Epiphany said...

I love your gorgeous box and the bird is so adorable!

Audrey L. said...

Happy Birthday to your daughter!

Sherrie K. said...

Happy Birthday to your sweet daughter!
Your projects are amazing Angi! I love the fun box and the super cute birdie tag!
Sherrie K
http://sherriescraps.blogspot.com

Blooming Crafts (Judit) said...

Happy Birthday RAE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! and love all u do

D said...

That is awesome!!! Go Rae!!! Way to go Angie! You should be proud of the fabulous daughter you raised :) Awesome gift box and tag btw ;)

abusybee - DoubleClick Connections said...

Great projects! Love all the Kraft on this! Congrats to your beautiful Daughter! Carri~Abusybee

Savannah O'Gwynn said...

Happy birthday to Rachel! I hope she enjoyed her special day:) Psalm 118:24

Congrats on making the honor roll as well, Rachel!

That little birdie is the CUTEST! LOVE LOVE LOVE him!

yyam said...

Sooooo pretty! Love your sweet projects! And big congrats to your girl!

Tracey said...

Adorable projects Angie........so pretty!

Denise Price said...

That is one CUTE inspiration image, and you've used it to make a cute gift set. Makes me think of spring! Hope your daughter has a very happy birthday.

Valerie said...

I love the coordinating box and tag!! People really do appreciate those homemade crafty touches. And happy birthday to your sweet daughter!

Staci said...

Gorgeous projects! Hope your DD enjoyed her birthday!

Jackie Rockwell said...

Angi your projects are really sweet. The soft pink on the kraft is so pretty! The birdie tag couldn't be cuter!!!

Kate said...

Happy birthday, Rachel!! What AMAZING attributes to be recognized for. You deserve to be one proud momma, Angi!

Your projects are super. I love the natural tones with splashes of pink. Fabulous!

Paper Crafts & Scrapbooking Editor said...

Hey Angi! Thanks for linking this up to this week's Tuesday Trigger in the Moxie Fab World--and for helping to make my mama's birthday extra special this year! :)

...and Happy Birthday to your daughter as well! She is gorgeous--just like her mom! :)

COPYRIGHT COKIE POP PAPER ・POWERED BY BLOGGER