Slug Bug! - No Tag Backs!

Tuesday, February 8, 2011



When my girls and I are out driving we love to play the "Slug Bug" game. My fave car in the world is the Volkswagen Bug! I'm dreaming of buying a "Yellow" one some day! 

I made a fun layout and used the Sketchy Thursday's sketch. I'm also entering this in the "Fave Game" challenge going on over at These Are a Few of My Favorite Things  and also linking to Paper Issues. :) :)

I used a paper kit from Echo Park called Sweet Summertime.
The butterfly is so colorful. It's from K & Company.


I love the color of this Peace Sign. It fits in so well with the Slug Bug theme!


Had to add some flowers. They look so cute on a VW Bug.


And in case you don't know...this is how you play the "Slug Bug" game.
It's great for road trips.

This is a game in which people look for VW Beatles. Whoever sees one first gets to pick someone in the car to punch. Rules vary from car to car but the most common are:

-1 punch for a beatle
-2 punches for a VW bus ("double slugbug")
-If someone punches you and it turns out there was no beatle, you can tag back (give them a return punch).
-Once a car has been tagged on, it can't be reused until the car you're riding is has been turned off and turned back on.

You can modify these rules any way that you'd like. Just have fun with it! :)

Layout Supplies:
Patterned Paper (Echo Park - Sweet Summertime Kit); Butterfly & Flowers (K & Company - Girl Scout Felt Stickers); Peace Sign (LaPetites - 3D Stickers); Foam Alpha Letters (The Paper Studio)
Lili said...

I love your colorful LO Angie!

Jacquel said...

LOL! I love how that game sounds but my kiddos would be knocking each other out ;-)

Your layout is so fun & fresh....I'll have to start checking out that blog! TFS!!!

Barb Craft said...

Crack me up! My daughter and I play this all the time! Your LO is adorable! I love the fun bright colors and all the flowers!! Fun LO!
Barb :)

Jackie said...

Eeek! I love this! Fabulous! I have this sketch printed to use too, guess I should get hoppin' on it! I HATE to play slug bug! My son HITS TO HARD!!!! Ouch!

Jean said...

What a great layout!! I had a charcoal grey bug for years and I loved it.

Kirsty Vittetoe said...

This is just Hip, and Fun and Happy, very cool!

Nicole said...

Too cute!! I'll have to try this game with my kids! They will love it.

farmhouse-story said...

such a beautiful, fun page, angi! i'd love a red convertible some day:)

Norma said...

SUper cute and fun layout!! Love all the bright colors:) TFS
Hugs,
Norma

Valerie said...

Oh my, I love that layout!! We are big VW fans around here, did you see all their cute commercials during the Super Bowl?

Julie Tucker-Wolek said...

EEEEEEEEEEEEEKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKK!! I love love love love love this Angi! I love love love the FUN COLORS, the peace symbol!! And I loveeeeeeeeeeeeeee that GAME!! Thanks sooooooooooooooo much for playing along with FAVE THINGS and Sketchy Thursdays!! :):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):)

Kelly Roberts said...

What a fun lo! Love all the details you added to it. Very creative and fun!
Also, thanks for visiting my blog. I appreciate your cheering me in my new dt position. Thanks!

yyam said...

This is adorable Angi!!!!! I love the bright burst of colors! And what a fun little game to play too! ;)

Laurel said...

Such a fun layout!

Mona Pendleton said...

What a fun LO Angi! I recall playing this game on road trips as a kid :)

Audrey Pettit said...

How fun, Angi! Such a cute subject to scrap and such a fun page. Love all those strips of bright papers and love all the scallops, and of course those flowers and that peace sign are perfect.
This totally makes me smile. My DD plays this game, but she calls it Punch Buggy (no punch back), and she always catches me off-guard. :)

Sheila aka SassyLady said...

How cute is this? Love it and the bright colors are awesome! TFS

Anonymous said...

Oh how I love that car!!! Loving that peace sign and the colors! Fab page! Thanks so much for playing along with Fave THings and Sketchy Thursdays!

Vanessa said...

This is SO FUN!!! :) Great LO!!

Jenneke said...

GREAT page! And GREAT car!!!!
LOVE the happy colors!

Thanks so much for joining us at Fave Things!

XXXJenneke

mommyof5kidz said...

That is stinkin' CUTE!!!! LOVE LOVE LOVE thatvtopic, the colors, and LOVE the embellies you chose! SUPER CUTE!!!!!!

ShoppingTamii said...

so cute and colorful and happy!

Kate said...

What a great page - and game! We play something quite similar, but call it "Punch Buggy". Buses aren't included though - just the Beetles.

Gretchen said...

fun layout!!! :)

COPYRIGHT COKIE POP PAPER ・POWERED BY BLOGGER