Have I got a fun altered project for you today! It was so easy peasy and took less than 10 minutes to make. Now that's my kind of project. :)
I have had this wooden magnetic Letter "B" and this steel frame stand just staring at me for months so I decided to make a gift with it. I them at my LSS - Archiver's. They also have an online store now. This is what it looked like before all the decor.
I still wanted some of the steel backing to show so I simply used patterned paper from my stash and cut a strip to decorate some of the background. I also added patterned paper and a flower to the Letter "B".
I also added this cute little girly chipboard embellie. I love the design on her dress. She's so cute!
I used Glue Dots® Lines and Glue Dots® Minis for this project. They hold my embellies and paper very well against the wood and steel.
MDF Magnetic Letter (LSS: Archiver's)
Steel Frame Stand (LSS - Archiver's)
Patterned Paper (October Afternoon - This Little Piggy Ducks in a Row)
Chipboard Girl (Me & My Big Ideas)
Ribbon (American Crafts)
Polka Dot Binder Clip (Office Depot)
Small Sanding Stick (Creek Bank Creations)
Adhesive: Mini & Lines (Glue Dots®)
1. Trace your letter with patterned paper and adhere it to your chosen letter.
2. Use a sanding stick (if needed) to touch up the edges of your wooden letter.
3. Cut a strip of patterned paper at 4" x 2" and adhere it to the center of the steel frame.
4. Add a strip of decorative ribbon right underneath your patterned paper.
5. Tie ribbon to a small binder clip and place it on one corner of your steel frame.
6. Add your favorite embellies & enjoy your new creation.
I wrote this blog post while participating on the Glue Dots® Design Team