I've got so many crafty ideas bouncing around in my head right now, so from now until the end of the year please join me for "5 Days of Crafty Fun with Glue Dots".
The crafty days will be posted from now until the end of the year. I won't just post Christmas projects. I've got a variety of projects to show you how much fun you can have with Glue Dots® products. The next one will be posted on December 3rd. :)
Let's get started ...
This project was easy peasy and a lot of fun. It's an Altered Christmas Canvas. I gave it the fun title of "Santa & Rudy"!
1. Please grab 2 recycled products from Christmas last year. I chose a gift bag that had this adorable Rudolph face embellishment on it. I also cut out the Santa from leftover Christmas patterned paper from last year. To make the Rudolph face pop up you can add a spring like this one to the back. They are sold at your local craft store. Or snag one from a gift bag lying around the house.
2. We will be decorating stretched canvas. I used a 9" x 12" sized canvas. Cut your patterned paper to fit the dimensions of your canvas. I used Glue Dots Lines® on the border of my paper to adhere it down to the canvas. Here's a shot of the side of the project. See how well the Glue Dots Lines® keeps the paper nice and flat against the canvas?
3. I then used Glue Dots Pop-Ups® to adhere the Santa cut-out on top of the patterned paper.
4. Tie a colorful red ribbon around your canvas.
5. I then adhered the Rudolph to the bottom left of my canvas using Glue Dots Pop Ups®. They are sturdy enough to hold the spring in place.
6. Finish your project by adding shiny lettering and a fun title.
7. Tada....your Christmas canvas is complete. Here's how it looks once it's all done. You can decorate a Christmas canvas any way you like. Just have fun with it.
8. Once you are done place it on a fireplace mantle, a bookshelf, a desk, or give it as a gift.
I hope you enjoyed this fun Glue Dots® Project. For more fun please join Glue Dots® on Facebook.
*I wrote this blog post while participating on the Glue Dots Design Team.
Canvas: Black Studio; Patterned Paper: Reminisce - St. Nick and Stampin Up - Candy Cane Christmas; Rudolph Face: from gift bag; Foil letter stickers: American Crafts Thickers; Ribbon: Create It; Adhesive: Glue Dots® and Glue Dots Pop Ups® .