Girly Recycled Chic!

Wednesday, April 20, 2011


Happy Earth Day everyone! We are already getting into the spirit of things over at Papercraft Star this week.

Here are the Challenge details:
Create a project with Earth Day as your inspiration, include a recycled or re-purposed item in your project to help save the Earth! Don't forget to tell us what it was in your blog post. 



I never buy gift bags anymore. I make my own by recycling brown paper bags from my local bakery.

I used goodies from the Teresa Collins "Posh" Collection for this project. My fave part of this collection is the "Cameo" chipboard. Love it!  


I also recycled when making this Pillow Box. I used the thin cardboard that comes in the boxes of supplies that I order. If you need a good template & instructions for making a pillow box see the instructions below or - Click Here!


And I always "dress up" the handles of the gift bags that I make. This pearl trim is also from the Teresa Collins "Posh" Collection.


Every time you enter a project during the month of April, you will be entered to win our Monthly Grand Prize from The Scrapbooking Cottage!! Good Luck!

Pillow Box Materials
Pillow box template
Thin recycled cardboard or heavy decorative paper
Strong craft glue or double sided tape
Scissors or utility knife and metal ruler
Bone folder
Large protractor

Pillow Box Instructions
1. Download and Print pillow box template from this site - http://cateholst.typepad.com/Pillowbox/How-to_Pillowbox_dieline.pdf
2. Place print-out over decorative card and cut-out outline with scissors or knife
3. Score on dotted lines with bone folder and ruler. Use protractor or a small bowl for the curves on the template. Fold all scores.
4. Use double-sided tape or glue on tab. Leave to dry and ahere.
5. Tuck in ends. Add complimentary paper decor and ribbon if desired.
Project Supplies:
Recycled cardboard and bag; Patterned Paper (Teresa Collins - Posh: Pink Fishnet); Chipboard and Trim (Teresa Collins - Posh Collection); Stick Pin (Jenni Bowlin); Pearls (Martha Stewart Crafts); Ribbon (Celebrate It!)
Minta's Creations said...

This is so adorable...I Love this..Thanks so much for the inspirations..
Hugs,
Minta

~amy~ said...

fabulous...love the upcycled projects! That cameo is wonderful!

Julie Tucker-Wolek said...

Ohhhhhhhh these are GORGEOUS! I loveeeeeeeeeee that tulle and loveee loveeeee loveeeeeeee loveeeeeeeeeee those pearls!! :):):):):):):):):):):):):):)

3treescreations@gmail.com said...

These are gorgeous Angi and congrats on your DT team!

Deanne :)

Leda said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Paper Crafts & Scrapbooking Editor said...

Hey Angi! Thanks for linking this up to the Gift Wrap Challenge in the Moxie Fab World in celebration of 350 Cards & Gifts Week! Good luck in the random drawing! :)

Nati Tristan said...

Those are absolutely adorable!!!!!!! How girly are those! I can't wait to try doing that as well!

Jean said...

Love these!

Jen Cuthbertson said...

You can dress up a gift bag like nobody's business, Angi! I am always inspired by them but have yet to give it a whirl myself! Love your projects!!

Kirsty Vittetoe said...

Gorgeous creations there Angi, so girly and so pretty!

Nicole said...

Beautiful!! I love the bag!

farmhouse-story said...

these are both SO fab and elegant, angie!! i so love want you've done here:) love the pearls on the handle of the bag, too!

yyam said...

Way to go on the upcycling! These are just AMAZING! I want one! :)

abusybee - DoubleClick Connections said...

So pretty! Great bling!

Mona Pendleton said...

What fun projects Angi! Great way to recycle those products!

♥Jan♥ said...

One of the most charming recycled projects I have seen this year !!

Tiffany Temple said...

Very pretty, Angi! The perfect packaging for a bridal shower gift. I love the pearls!!

Kate said...

These are super!! I love them both, Angi, but that bag is over-the-top AMAZING!!! The tulle is fabulous and the handle is so fantastic. Wow!!

Audrey Pettit said...

Wow, how fabulous, Angi! So girly glam! And how cool that you recycle your bakery bags into such fabulous gift bags. You are a girl after my own heart. And creating your own pillow boxes? Genius!
Love every glamorous inch of these. The pearl handle wrap is stunning.
Now off to check out your good news!

Beth aka BR-T said...

Oh my goodness this set is fantastic I absolutely love the tooling! You are astounding!

Sandy Ang said...

Congrats on your Creative Charms DT ! Just know you are going to rock those flowers. And this gift set is so wonderfully chic chic.

Emily (stampingout on SCS) said...

OMGosh, Angi! I LOVE that gift bag and pillow box! Amazing, girl! :)

Cynthia Lloréns said...

Angie...these are super!!
I love both, so much that bag is over-the-top AMAZING WORK!!
The tulle is fabulous and the handle is so amazing toow!!
Congratulations for your Creative Charmes DT!!!!!I hope you and your family have a happy Easter.
Hugs from Brazil
Cynthia

Tracy said...

This is adorable Angi! Totally girly and some great recycled elements. Have a wonderful and blessed Easter weekend!

C Stephens said...

Angi this combination project is out of this world. The tulle and silhouette are my favorite but I love everything about this gift set. Great job!

Valerie said...

You are rocking it Angi!! Gorgeous:)

Jennifer Rzasa said...

These are awesome!

Laura Evangeline said...

Adorable!

Kim Duran said...

Wow! I wish my eyelashes looked like that in the cameo. Such a pretty image to go with such a beautiful gift set!

Unknown said...

This is a beautiful set Angi... you totally ROCKED this challenge girl!

Virginia L. said...

SO gorgeous!! Love your packaging!! How talented you are, Angi!!

COPYRIGHT COKIE POP PAPER ・POWERED BY BLOGGER